QED Independent Testing and Consultancy Limited respects your right to privacy. The protection of personal data is an important concern to us. This Privacy Notice explains who we are, how we collect, share and use personal information about you, and how you can exercise your privacy rights. This Privacy Notice applies to personal information that we collect through our website and mobile application.
What does QED Independent Testing and Consultancy Limited do?
QED Independent Testing and Consultancy Limited is an independent company involved with the chemical analysis of construction materials.
We offer consultancy and specialise in the investigation of failures and defects in materials used in the construction or related industries. For more information about QED Independent Testing and Consultancy Limited, please see the About us section of our website.
What personal information does QED Independent Testing and Consultancy Limited collect and why?
The personal information that QED Independent Testing and Consultancy Limited (‘QED’, ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’) may collect about you broadly falls into the following categories:
Information that you provide voluntarily
Certain parts of our website may ask you to provide personal information in order to registered an account, subscribe to a newsletter, participate in a seminar, respond to a survey and/or fill out a form. The information we ask are:
The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.
Information that we collect automatically
When you visit our website or use our QED Independent Testing and Consultancy Limited mobile application we may collect certain information automatically from your device. In some countries, including countries in the European Economic Area, this information may be considered personal information under applicable data protection laws.
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your billing address
- Your delivery address
- Your telephone address
- Your product selection
- A secured password – this is encrypted and kept securely.
Specifically, the information we collect automatically may include information like your IP address, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location) and other technical information. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our website, including the pages accessed and links clicked.
Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors who come to our Website, where they come from, and what content on our website is of interest to them. We use this information for our internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of our website to our visitors.
In general, we will use the personal information we collect from you only for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice or for purposes that we explain to you at the time we collect your personal information.
How we keep your personal information secure?
We use appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the personal information that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information. Specific measures we use include regular malware scanning. Your personal information is contained behind secure networks and is only accessible by a limited number of people who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential.
Who we share your personal information with?
We share personal information with the following parties:
- Our service providers and advisors: such as companies that support our IT, help us analyze the data we hold, process payments, send communications to our customers, provide us with legal or financial advice and generally help us deliver our service to you.
- Delivery companies: to deliver product that you have ordered from us.
- The Government or regulators: where we are required to do so by law or to assist with their investigations.
- Police and law enforcement: to assist with investigation and prevention of crime.
- Business Transfers: As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, Personal Data may be part of the transferred assets.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We will keep your personal information for as long as your have an account with us. After you close your account with us, we will keep your personal information for a reasonable period to maintain our records and legal obligations to you.
In accordance with the marketing preferences you set when creating your account or that you set with us a later date, we may contact you by email, push notification, text, mail or phone with information about products and services we believe you may be interested in. If you tell us not to email, push notification, mail or phone you with direct market we won’t contact you in that way. You can let us know at any time that you do not wish to receive marketing messages by sending an email to us at Qedtesting@btconnect.com. You can also unsubscribe from our marketing emails by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails we send to you.
Legal basis for processing personal information
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal information from you only (i) where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, (ii) where the processing is in our legitimate interests, or (iii) where we have your consent to do so. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
If we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), this interest will normally be to operate our Website and communicating with you as necessary to respond to queries from you and for our legitimate commercial interest, for instance, when reviewing your survey responses, improving our Website, undertaking marketing, or for the purposes of detecting or preventing illegal activities. We may have other legitimate interests and if appropriate we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Your data protection rights
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area, you have the following data protection rights:
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below
- In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by sending us an email on Qedtesting@btconnect.com. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), then please contact us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. Optional: (Contact details for data protection authorities in the European Economic Area, Switzerland and certain non-European countries (including the US and Canada) are available here.)
Updates to this Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time in response to changing legal, technical or business developments. When we update our Privacy Notice, we will take appropriate measures to inform you, consistent with the significance of the changes we make. We will obtain your consent to any material Privacy Notice changes if and where this is required by applicable data protection laws.
How to contact us
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact us using the following details:
QED Independent Testing & Consultancy Limited
75 Exploration Drive
LE4 5NU, UK